Monday, June 15, 2015

REVIEW: United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6) by Ally Carter

United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6) by Ally Carter
Publication Date: July 29, 2014
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Source: Book Purchased By Reviewer
Buy it at: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the bestselling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie-and her country-forever.

Let me start by saying that I'm so sad that this series is finished. It feels like an old fiend that i'm being forced to say goodbye to. For as long as I can remember, I was a Gallagher Girl. Now, I feel like their graduation was also my graduation and now it's time to grow up and say goodbye. I feel unready and unwilling to face this cruel world alone, but I know that the skills i've learned over the years will guide me. Cammie, Bex, Macey, and even Liz will guide me. I've learned so much from them over the years, I just hope that I can make my life as exceptional as they have made theirs.

I feel like their is so much I want to tell you about this final installment of the Gallagher Girls series, but I know that I really can't say much without giving it all away. If only the synopsis gave just a little bit more details. Oh well. Looks like all you get to read from is how it all made me feeeeeeel.

Of course, I can still state the obvious. Like the fact that Zachary Goode is still the swooniest boy ever! And I will pretty much base all of my future boyfriends off of his character. After all, it only takes one word from him to make me swoon every time. Read: Spy (as he points to himself) swoooooooonnnnnnn!!!!

I think that the author, without knowing it at the time, gave us a gift with this series. She gave us a world that is real enough to actually be true! She gave us the hope that their lives could be OUR lives! She gave us a realistic girl with a (possibly) realistic life and a realistic problem that we can all (semi) relate to. Ally Carter probably didn't know it at the time, but she gave us a dream. A dream that could reshape our entire lives just by letting us believe and KNOW that we could be just as good as the Gallagher Girls because deep inside we're ALL Gallagher Girls! Thanks for the great ride, Ally!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p