Wednesday, November 21, 2018

A Letter to the Girl Who Had Her Heart Broken


I know you. More importantly I know what happened to you. Mostly because it’s exactly what happened to me. I’m sure you’re wondering what it is you’re supposed to do now. I wondered that same thing for a really long time. Want to know something interesting? I’m still figuring it out.

It’s been eight years since my heart was shattered, eight years since I lost part of my soul. Guess what…I’m still searching for it. I wish I could tell you that it comes back. I wish I could tell you that you’ll eventually feel whole again, but the truth is you probably wont. I can’t say this nugget of truth proves accurate for everyone so if you’re one of the lucky few that finds themselves again…you’re just that: Lucky. But if you’re like me, if you were broken beyond repair, then I’m sorry to tell you that it doesn’t get better. What it does get is bearable. At some point you’ll learn to adjust to the new you. You’ll learn to smile, you’ll learn to laugh, and yes, you will eventually learn to love again. But not without difficulty, not without struggle, and not without a lot of lessons learned along the way. 

Want to know the good thing about this though? Do you think you have enough faith in your heart to believe there’s actually a silver lining? I promise you there is. The benefit to having your world crash down around you is the fact that at some point it will make you a better person. There will come a time when you move past the sadness and sorrow and realize that you actually learned something. Want to know what it is that you will learn? That you’re a survivor! That you’re the strongest woman you know! That NOTHING can ever really bring you down!

So take this newfound power and do something GREAT with it! And if you haven’t found it yet don’t worry…I promise you will. All good things come in time and self discovery is not excluded from that. Go out there and be brave! Dig deep down and search this new version of yourself because you know what? For better or worse, babe, this is you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p