Wednesday, March 26, 2014

FEATURE: Waiting on Wednesday (#21)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Hi Swooners :-)

This week my "can't-wait-to-read" pre-publication selections are:

Expected release date: April 1, 2014
Links: Amazon / Barnes and Noble


Summary from Goodreads:

Princess Marie-Victoria, heir to the Lily Throne, and Aelwyn Myrddn, bastard daughter of the Mage of England, grew up together. But who will rule, and who will serve?

Quiet and gentle, Marie has never lived up to the ambitions of her mother, Queen Eleanor the Second, Supreme Ruler of the Franco-British Empire. With the help of her Head Merlin, Emrys, Eleanor has maintained her stranglehold on the world’s only source of magic. She rules the most powerful empire the world has ever seen.

But even with the aid of Emry’s magic, Eleanor’s extended lifespan is nearing its end. The princess must marry and produce and heir or the Empire will be vulnerable to its greatest enemy, Prussia. The two kingdoms must unite to end the war, and the only solution is a match between Marie and Prince Leopold VII, heir to the Prussian throne. But Marie has always loved Gill, her childhood friend and soldier of the Queen’s Guard.


Together, Marie and Aelwyn, a powerful magician in her own right, come up with a plan. Aelwyn will take on Mari’s face, allowing the princess to escape with Gill and live the quiet life she’s always wanted. And Aelwyn will get what she’s always dreamed of—the chance to rule. But the court intrigue and hunger for power in Lenoran England run deeper than anyone could imagine. In the end, there is only one rule that matters in Eleanor’s court: trust no one.

Why I'm waiting:

I absolutely LOVE Melissa's writing and this synopsis sounds like a great read. Plus, reviews are in and people seem to be happy so that leaves me wanting it even more...I just can't wait to dive into this book!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great cover! I'm not sure if I'll pick it up or now, but it sounds like a good one for the right time. Enjoy!
    Here's my pick...
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday-flight-of-sparrow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds great, it's already on my TBR! I absolutely love the cover!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not into this but I love the cover. Great pick Lexi!

    Don't forget to check out our OUAT 4 year Giveaway.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty cover, great choice Lexi. Check out our WOW
    Nahomi @ Books & Swoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We commented on each other's at the same time! Lol

      Delete
  5. Awesome pick! I'm actually reading it right now and so far, so good! I love the cover. Hope you get to read it soon!! Thanks for sharing.

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p