Friday, October 30, 2015

REVIEW: How to Rid Your Swimming Pool of a Bloodthirsty Mermaid (Slug Pie Story #2)

How to Rid Your Swimming Pool of a Bloodthirsty Mermaid (Slug Pie Story #2) by Mick Bogerman
Publication Date: July 24, 2014
Publisher: Slug Pie Stories, LLC
Source: Received from Publisher 
Buy it at: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

*This book was received from the publisher, but it did not influence this review in any way *

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

All Mick Bogerman wanted to do was teach his little brother how to swim in the coolest swimming pool in town. He didn't ask to take care of a bunch of Sea-Monkeys while he was there. He certainly didn't mean to morph one of them into a mermaid by feeding it genetically enhanced super food. No one is more surprised than Mick when the creature starts luring unsuspecting adults into the deep end of the pool. Adults who don't resurface. Join Mick as he battles a powerful adversary: a bloodthirsty mermaid who hypnotizes with a golden gaze, shatters glass with a piercing shriek, and reveals her true menacing self by the light of a full moon.

Here we are again with the coolest kid i've ever met, Mick Bogerman. I mean seriously guys, this kid gets into the craziest adventures i've ever seen. This time we meet Mick and his little brother Finley as Mick wants to teach him how to swim. After the whole debacle that was Zombie Cave Mick is worried his brother not being able to swim will eventually spell doom, as it almost did in Zombie Cave! I won't give you any details of that book without you reading the book first, but I will say that it's so much fun and kind of scary. See my review here.

The mermaid swimming in PJ's pool used to be just a sea monkey, until Mick accidentally gave her some super food when PJ asked him to feed the sea monkeys. Yes, that means there was more than one in the bowl. I'm sure you can use your imagination to figure out what happened to the other sea monkeys after they ate the super food and ended up with only one mermaid in the pool. The events that ensue are pretty crazy and I have to say that I think this is the "darkest" Bogerman story so far. I wish I could give you more information on the book but since they are so short anything I say will give away the story.

Just know that overall, it was so much fun to read and I highly recommend it to everyone who loves middle grade books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p