Monday, March 27, 2017

Quotes (#36)



Morning Swooners.

I've been MIA recently because my grandfather passed away and i'm still trying to deal with my emotions and figure out how to live without him. It's been a week since he passed and I just feel like I need to share this tragedy with you all, my wonderful followers. My grandpa was the best man i've ever known and the literal love of my life. I wish I could tell you everything about him but words will never do him justice. Just know that to know him was to love him and he was a widely loved man. He had a kind heart and was full of life. The biggest jokester i've ever met, he constantly had me laughing. From the moment we met it was love between us and now I have to figure out how to spend the rest of my life without the person I loved most (sorry grandma).

So here are some great quotes that are hitting me in the feels more than anything today.

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring


“It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.”Lemony Snicket, Horseradish


“When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.” 

William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare Collection)


“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967


“If you gave someone your heart and they died, did they take it with them? Did you spend the rest of forever with a hole inside you that couldn't be filled?”Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes


“That was the thing. You never got used to it, the idea of someone being gone. Just when you think it's reconciled, accepted, someone points it out to you, and it just hits you all over again, that shocking.”Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever


“You'll stay with me?' Until the very end,' said James.”J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


“Does it hurt?" The childish question had escaped Harry's lips before he could stop it.

"Dying? Not at all," said Sirius. "Quicker and easier than falling asleep.”
 ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


“Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.”  ― Mitch Albom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p