Wednesday, April 30, 2014

FEATURE: Poetry Wednesday~ Mary Elizabeth Frye and Emily Dickinson


Morning Swooners,

So since I missed last week's Poetry Friday and today is the last day of the month I figured i'd feature two poets today. Why not end the month with a bang! So today's post features my favorite poems by Mary Elizabeth Frye and Emily Dickinson. Hope they touch your soul as they have mine and I hope that you've enjoyed the poems I've chosen to celebrate poetry month this year. Enjoy ~

Do not stand at my grave and weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that’s shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die. 

-Mary Elizabeth Frye


Hope is the thing with feathers

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I’ve heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

-Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p