Friday, October 3, 2014

FAVORITE FRIDAY (#3)~ Wheedle on the Needle by Stephen Cosgrove



Have a favorite book? Series? One that you've just read or are currently reading? Favorite Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Books and Swoons where they spotlight some of their favorite reads. Everyone is welcome to join. Just enter your information on their linky or leave them a comment.

This week's Favorite Read is:

Release Date: January 1, 1974
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes and Noble



Synopsis:

Sharing life lessons and memorable morals, the Serendipity books are a seasoned favorite with children and parents alike. So, journey to the magical, mystical land of Serendipity with these four cherished editions featuring newly revised text from the author.


All the Wheedle wants is a little peace and quiet, and all the people of Seattle want is a break from the rain. Will they be able to cooperate and find a solution?


Why it's one of my Favorite Reads:

I'm taking it back this week, like waaaaaaayyyyy back lol. This book was my absolute favorite book to read when I was a kid and it's basically the reason that I love reading so much. It gave me a glimpse into story telling, showing me that you can imagine anything and anything you imagine can be true. It also ignited my creative gene and got me into writing my own little stories. Unfortunately, my story telling skills never took off quite how I wanted them too (I blame high school and boys) but to this day I still love to write poetry and I occasionally still reach for the top of my shelf to grab this book and take a glimpse back into my childhood.

What's YOUR Favorite Book? Stop by Books and Swoons to share yours :)



1 comment:

  1. I love how you always take it back and you took it even further back this week, lol. Great pick, Lexi. I might have to pick an oldie next time.....if I can remember some of my favorites from back in the day. Ha!
    Thanks for participating =)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p