Wednesday, February 4, 2015

FEATURE: Waiting on Wednesday~ Hold Me Like a Breath (Once Upon a Crime Family #1) by Tiffany Schmidt (#52)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Morning Swooners :-)

This week my "can't-wait-to-read" pre-publication selections are:

Expected release date: May 19, 2015
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes and Noble




Summary from Goodreads:

Penelope Landlow has grown up with the knowledge that almost anything can be bought or sold-including body parts. She's the daughter of one of the three crime families that control the black market for organ transplants.

Penelope’s surrounded by all the suffocating privilege and protection her family can provide, but they can’t protect her from the autoimmune disorder that causes her to bruise easily.

And in her family’s line of work no one can be safe forever.


All Penelope has ever wanted is freedom and independence. But when she's caught in the crossfire as rival families scramble for prominence, she learns that her wishes come with casualties, that betrayal hurts worse than bruises, that love is a risk worth taking…and maybe she's not as fragile as everyone thinks.

Why I'm waiting:

This book sounds amazing! I love mob type stories and learning that she has an autoimmune disorder just cranks it up. Just another thing her family cant protect her from. I really think the main character is going to prove to be so much more than just sick little girl. I just LOVE strong female MC's!

What are you anxiously waiting for?

13 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful cover! Hope you love it!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a book like this and it sounds so incredibly intriguing and intense! And that last sentence of the blurb is so true and beautifully put - we're all stronger than we think:) Strong female MC's are awesome!
    Maya @ Once Upon A Time
    My WOW: http://anotheronceuponatime.blogspot.sg/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-winners-crime-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so engaging! Love the cover, too, and enjoy! Here's mine: “WAIT FOR THE RAIN”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love title and cover, that's for sure. But the book itself... not so sure. Going to wait for some reviews. Hope you enjoy it, though!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah! I'm really interested in reading this book! It sounds great! Great pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover and sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it, and thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this looks good! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of this one. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always feel like I would love mob stories even though I haven't really read any yet, haha. Hope this one is awesome! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm waiting for this book as well! Gahh, I can't wait until it comes out and I can have in my hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this sounds really a fantastic book! I wantz it too! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p