Thursday, November 27, 2014

Quotes #15~ If there was Ever a Time to Be Grateful



HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

To all my American friends out there: Gobble Gobble!

For all my international friends out there, here in America we have a holiday called Thanksgiving, which originated to honor a harvest festival that the Pilgrims used to celebrate. Nowadays it has taken a more religious tone and we celebrate it by taking time to reflect on all the things in our lives that we are grateful for. In honor of that, I put together a few quotes that I think apply to the theme of the holiday. So I hope that these will leave you as inspired as they have left me.

"There's so much to be grateful for, words are poor things."  Marilynn Robinson

"If you hang out with chickens, you're going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you're going to fly." Steve Maraboli

"Ungrateful people forget what they are not grateful for." Ana Monnar

"When I wake up each morning, I praise the Lord for the gift of being alive." Lailah Gifty Akita

"I have nothing, so I think having something would mean  everything to me. But I don't want to get to the point where I have everything, so having something would mean nothing to me." Jarod Kintz

"I am grateful for all the trials that made me a better person." Lailah Gifty Akita

"There are some people who walk into your life an shed a new light in your entire being. Be grateful for such people." Ogwo David Emenike

"Live, love, and be grateful you are capable of it." Debbie Tosun Kilday

"A noble heart is a thankful heart that loves to acknowledge  whenever it has received any mercy." Jeremiah Burroughs, Contentment, Prosperity, and God's Glory 

"I'm grateful that i'm mortal...it motivates me." Kendall Talbot, Lost in Kakdu

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p