Friday, February 17, 2017

Favorite Poem Friday (#2)

Happy Friday Swooners!
This week's favorite poem is by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. I'd be surprised if you haven't seen it before but then again I know some people aren't into poetry. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. 

How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43) by Elizabeth Barrett Browning 

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. 
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height 
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight 
For the ends of being and ideal grace. 
I love thee to the level of every day’s 
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. 
I love thee freely, as men strive for right. 
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise. 
I love thee with the passion put to use 
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith. 
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose 
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath, 
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, 
I shall but love thee better after death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p