Wednesday, February 8, 2017

REVIEW: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
Publication Date: July 26, 2016
Publisher: Point Publishing 
Source: Book Purchased by Reviewer 
Buy it at: Amazon / Barnes and Noble


My rating: 5 out of 5 stars


Synopsis (from Goodreads):


Signed, sealed, delivered . . .
While zoning out in Chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk, and added a message to her.

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters— sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery, and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out . . .

I cannot stress enough how much I absolutely loooovvveeeedddd this book!! I went in with high expectations because I heard so many great things about this author and this book and let me just tell you, I was not let down! I literally could not put this book down and I was so sad when it ended because it was over (even though it was the happiest of endings and so perfectly written I couldn't have pictured it any better.) Plus, don't even get me started on the poems/lyrics. Everything was so brilliant and perfect, my heart was on overdrive in the feels department.

Lily writes. She writes a lot. While in her chemistry class, her teacher takes away her notebook and demands to see her notes at the end of each class in an attempt to get her to focus only on her class notes. Well this doesn't have the effect he was hoping for because she soon begins writing messages and letters back and forth with another student who sits in her seat during a different class period. She finds herself falling in love with the person writing the letters and begins her journey to find out who that person is. 

Unlike many other books, I loved how we didn't have to wait until the end of the book for the big reveal of who Lily's pen pal was. We found out about half way through the book and had to go through the same worries and fears that Lily had to go through to figure out how she should handle it. All while still having a chance to fall more and more in love with the pen pal along the way. I think Kasie West did such an incredible job with slowly revealing to us the writer all the while dropping little easter eggs about who it was. This kept me feeling 100% connected and invested in the story.

Overall, I think Kasie West did an amazing job with this story and I can't wait to binge all of her other books because I am officially in love with her writing. If this book isn't on your TBR--It needs to be!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p