Tuesday, November 19, 2013

REVIEW: Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi

Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky 0.5)  by Veronica Rossi
Publication Date: October 30, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: eBook Purchased by Reviewer
Buy it at: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Summary (from Goodreads):

Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.

After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar and Liv's union. Normally, Roar couldn't care less about Vale's opinion. But with food running low and conditions worsening every day, Vale's leadership is more vital - and more brutal - than ever. Desperate to protect his tribe, Vale makes a decision that will shatter the life Roar knew and change the fate of Tides forever. 

This was such a great novella to read for me. I absolutely loved getting to know Roar better and finally getting to know Olivia. I read this novella after the first book, Under the Never Sky, so I really didn't know anything about Liv as a person. After reading this novella, I really got to know her and Roar in a new light and I loved seeing them together.

The only bad thing that I can say is that it makes me that much more sad to see them go through everything that's happened. I can tell that they are both strong characters and I know that they will find a way to get through this. For now though, I can only imagine what's in store for them as a couple and for some reason it reminds me of Perry and Aria. I keep thinking of all the struggles that they have faced and will face together in the future and all the struggles that Roar and Liv have faced and will face and it just keeps building all this anticipation and fear for them.

Looks like these characters have a long, bumpy road ahead of them and I can't wait to join them on their journey!!


1 comment:

  1. Basically, everything you said. Seeing them go through such a struggle and knowing what happens afterwards just makes you wonder how they will react. And the whole connection with Perry and Aria and all the struggles that they have to go through and not just to be together. It one of my favorite things about this series. That they never have to question their relationship even though they are being pulled apart in different directions. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm thinking of Into the Still Blue.
    Anyways, great review, Lexi. Are you ready to know how the series finally ends? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p