Friday, September 26, 2014

FAVORITE FRIDAY (#2)~ The Well's End (The Well's End #1) by Seth Fishman



Have a favorite book? Series? One that you've just read or are currently reading? Favorite Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Books and Swoons where they spotlight some of their favorite reads. Everyone is welcome to join. Just enter your information on their linky or leave them a comment.

This week's Favorite Read is:

Release Date: February 25, 2014
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes and Noble



Synopsis:



Half a world away, the Chinese military has a target list of ten US cities in case of war. Most are obvious (DC, NY, LA) and some a little less so (Atlanta for instance has the CDC)…but one is an absolute mystery: Fenton, Colorado. Unfortunately for her, sixteen-year-old Mia Kish is about to find out what makes Fenton so special when emergency sirens start blaring and ritzy Westbrook Academy is out on lockdown. No students in or out until otherwise notified. For the rich boarders whose homes are safely states away, their concerns are missed vacations and trips home, but for the handful of townies, like Mia and her friends Jo and Rob, there’s no escaping the danger.
The situation becomes dire when students and faculty are stricken with a strange illness that ages them years in a matter of hours, the end result death, seemingly from old age. No one knows what to do, but Mia and her friends are not just going to sit there while their parents might be in mortal danger. They escape the school grounds in search of a cure and answers; answers they hope to find in the sealed off mountain bunker where her father supposedly runs Fenton Tech. but along the way, they discover that the military presence is not what it seems, and that the long buried secret of Fenton is a fabled object of myth and legend that may actually exist deep within the earth below. 


Why it's one of my Favorite Reads:

It took my totally by surprise! I mean the synopsis (as usual) is pretty far off from the book so I just never imagined that I would like it as much as I did. This book is definitely a top 10 for me...and the author confirmed there will be a second book so i'm really excited about that!

What's YOUR Favorite Book? Stop by Books and Swoons to share yours :)



7 comments:

  1. I know I've been out of the game for a while, but you've changed some parts of your blog, like your signoff, right?
    It looks good!
    Much love,
    Amy,
    My blog, The Blog Hermit
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy-Anne! Thanks for noticing the small changes i've made. My signature is new and I absolutely LOVE it! I've been reading your blog too (no comments tho) and as always I love it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, never heard of this one! It Looks really good. :) Come check out mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! The cover is kind of blah and the synopsis is questionable but the story is actually really good. I still have my ARC if you ever wanna give it a try. I don't mind lending my books to other book junkies because I know you'll take of it :)

      Delete
  3. Great Choice Lexi, I am going to have to add that to my tbr pile. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nahomi! It really is a great book. I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
  4. oooh another great book to add into my reading list! Thank you for sharing!:)
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p