Tuesday, September 30, 2014

REVIEW: Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #3) by Jessica Spotswood

Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #3) by Jessica Spotswood
Publication Date: August 14, 2014
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile 
Source: Book Purchased by Reviewer
Buy it at: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

A fever ravages New London, but with the Brotherhood sending suspected witches straight to the gallows, the Sisters are powerless against the disease. They can’t help without their powers—as Cate learns when a potent display of magic turns her into the most wanted witch in all of New England.


To make matters worse, Cate has been erased from the memory of her beloved Finn. While she’s torn between protecting him from further attacks and encouraging him to fall for her all over again, she’s certain she can never forgive Maura’s betrayal. And now that Tess’s visions have taken a deadly turn, the prophecy that one Cahill sister will murder another looms ever closer to its fulfillment. 

**Minor Spoilers Ahead**

I’m having a hard time accepting the ending to this book. I’m having an even harder time with the fact that every review I’ve read shows that people actually loved the ending to the book. I mean really? Loved? I think that’s just too strong of a word to use for this. I guess this is me right now, alone in my feelings.

  
I think the main reason that I did not like the ending is that it felt unresolved to me. Even though it really wasn’t. The author did a great job at tying all the loose ends, they just weren’t the knots I was hoping for. They weren’t the resolutions I wanted. Especially for Finn and Cate. After everything they have been through and with Cate so broken-hearted at the fact that Finn didn’t love her because he didn’t know her anymore. I just felt like Finn should have been able to tell Cate that he loved her. He said he can't say that he loves her yet but he realizes that he’s falling in love with her. Well WTF!?!? That’s not okay. I needed Finn to tell her that he loved her again. I NEEDED it!! But he just didn’t say it, and so I’m sitting here feeling incomplete.

And THEN…The prophecy! That damn prophecy!!!! Seriously!?! I had really high hopes that the girls would be able to change the prophecy. My hopes were so high in fact that they apparently soared way above reality because guess what…THEY DIDN’T CHANGE THE PROPHECY!! I really think that the author did a number on us with that one. I know I said there are spoilers in this review but I don’t want to give that information away. I won’t tell you who dies, just know that someone DOES die!  And I am truly and utterly heartbroken about it. Which is funny because I actually kind of expected it but there was so much redemption and love going around that I thought it was kind of cruel to let it actually happen. But hey, I’m not a writer so what do I know. Oh that’s right, I’m the reader and I know what I like. I like happy endings and THIS was NOT a happy ending, at least to me.

I did, however, still love the series as a whole and highly recommend it to everyone that I will ever encounter. And I did still love the book as whole, I just wish the ending would have happened a little differently. So go forth and read this series, Swooners! Then come back and let me know what you thought. 


1 comment:

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p